Freedom from food worries is…
- Eating things I love, with absolutely no judgement
- Enjoying eating, but not worrying if I’m not
- Not thinking too much about what food is or isn’t or shouldn’t be. It’s just nourishment for body and soul
- Not caring about whether I eat or not as I know my body will tell me at the right time (get out of your own way as Caroline from TFID would say)
- Ignoring all the diet chatter my brain tries to throw at me
- Being comfortable in my own skin as best I can
- Trying to be the best version of myself whenever possible
- Feeling feelings as they don’t hurt as much as smothering them with food worries does
- Not thinking about food all the time because I have other things to be doing, even if they are tasks I really don’t like
What does your freedom look like? Write it out!
It is possible, with persistence and patience. I’ve got to the other side, and so can you.